Monday, March 10, 2008

Changes in the Malaysia .. good or bad?

After our country's general election which happened last 2 days, I was certainly shock and did not expect the opposition to gain control over 5 states namely Kedah, Penang, Perak, Selangor and Kelantan. I mean it is understandable that Kelantan has always been under PAS but did not expect this time election to be such a success to the opposition.

Probably you could say that it is part of our Prime Minister's fault for rising crimes and inflation, therefore cause many people to feel that the Malaysia government are not performing their responsibilities. Lots of corruption exist and it is to the extend that the Barisan National government paid the poor in Terengganu to vote for them so that they can maintain their 2/3 seats in the Parliment again.

I am glad that this time our opposition won. At least, I hope that there will be some changes in the country for the next few years to come. Most likely that I wont be staying at Malaysia if I get my PR from Australia but at the same time, I would love to see my country develop and can be compatible to other developed countries.

Lets hope that we had made the right decision this time.