Saturday, January 20, 2007

A worthy experience

This post is about a worthy expenrience that I can never forget and will always remember every sweet and bitterness of it. I am a lazy person as you can see, I dont like to move my ass around the house and all I like to do everyday is to sit infront of the computer and live with it. One day, I dont know why, *maybe I am crazy that time* I decided to apply for a job in 1Utama to kill time. I did get the job, but however I manage to survive for 4 days cause lots of backstabbing is going around .. Finally, I couldnt stand it anymore and I just quit as a sales assistant. I wanted to try something else that time, something that I like and something that I am able to hold on forever. And it just so happens that night itself, I went to eat at Paddington's with a group of friends. I looked at the surrondings and started to think ... " how about giving a shot and work in a F&B environment? " But certainly, many issues puzzled me. " What if I am not good? What if the people there are not nice? What if ... " However, I manage to fill in the application form on that night itself and was hopping that they will call me back. Infact, on sunday night, they did call back and I was asked to return for an interview the next day. Interview went well and I manage to get the job. This is when my journey of worthiness begins ..

I can tell you many reasons why I love working ..

1. I am able to learn something new everyday
2. People there are very friendly
3. I got many close brothers and sisters

4. I get to do things that I have never done at home in my entire life
5. Experience


Up till now, I have never regret applying for this job. Although it is demanding at times *blame the customers* , there is no other work place like PHOP. Recalling back, it has been a month ever since I work there. I have learn many things that I, myself have never experience before. I've learn how to fullfill customers wants and needs, I've learn how to respect my boss and have fun with them at the same time, I've learn how to make drinks .. although I am still not good at it *sry lin shan* I've learn how to handle sudden crowds without showing any sign of panic. This is a few of the valuable things I've learn and I can be more proud then ever to tell everyone that " PHOP is the best place I ever work "