Saturday, October 14, 2006

Countdown: 3 more days

After 3 more days, SAM is officially over and we will be sitting for our Finals. Come to think of it, it really has been a hectic year for me. All I get every week is assignments and exams. Sometimes, I am so sick of it until I just feel like not doing anything. 3 more days .. after this 3 days, my time in Taylors will end and I'll be stepping in a whole new world again, learning new things and making new friends. Throughout this 10 months, lecturers in Taylors have guide us in many ways to ensure that we get the desired TER so that we can enter into a good university. The reason why I blog this is to talk about the 5 lecturers that have guided me through the whole course.



Mrs Lim
She is my Maths teacher and also my class mentor. She is a good maths teacher, infact, a dedicated one. She will never give up in our class eventhough the results that we get is terrible. She will try all kinds of ways to help us improve in our maths result. This includes giving us extra class when we need, photostating lots of exercises for us to do and also personally assist us if we need her help. I have to admit, she is the best maths teacher that one could ever get. Thank you, Mrs Lim !!
As a class mentor, she is very responsible as well. Remember during the SAM charity drive and SAMfest that we had on 31 March 06 & 21 April 06 ? She did a very good job in co-ordinating our class and organising jobs for us to handle. Besides, she even helped us in promoting the Samsung MP3 player to her other Maths classes ( that's what I heard from my friend in G5 who is also under Mrs Lim for maths ). Other times, she would also help us to sell our Fruit Tree to other lecturers in the SAM/CAL/ICPU staff room. I am amazed on how efficient is she as our class mentor. When there are any "technical" problems, she will first address this to the class before making any decision.

Mrs Soh
Economics, you can say that it is now my favourite subject because of the way she presents her lesson and the way she approaches exam questions. At first, when I started SAM at January, I am completely clueless about what Economics all about. And the worst part is, I thought that it would be a boring subject when compared to others. However, I was totally wrong. Mrs Soh is not a boring lecture. Eventhough at times I find classes boring, *because she repeats the same thing over and over again* Eg: when there is a boom, what demand management policy should the Australia government implement ? Gosh !! From the first time she teaches that topic till now, I think she has asked this question about like a *hundred* times =.= ya, I admit that it is boring sometimes, but I find it good because it helps me remember what I have forgot in the past.
Therefore, to Mrs Soh : You are the best Economics teacher that one can ever get. Thank you so much for your guidance. And also a million thanks to the chocalate muffin that you baked on Monday. Taking the muffin means promising that I'll do well for your paper and I hope that I wont dissapoint you during my finals.

Mrs Sue
She teaches us Information Technology (IT). When comes to this subject, I feel very insecure because I do not know much about IT and I used to hate a small part in this subject which is Programming. When first started this course, I was totally lost !! Ya, it's true, dont laugh. I need to depend on all my friends to guide me through. Sometimes, I feel so stupid, why take IT when I could switch to BM. My friends that took BM score way more better than I do. However, I wanted to try something new, something that I have not ever taken in my life. Mrs Sue is a good IT teacher. She is very patient in explaining to us areas that we are not good at especially the programming part. She even goes around the class and makesures everyone understand how to do. The best part was, during our database project. This is when she really helped us. Although she was pregnant that time, she still determined to guide us from the start till the end of the project. She will help us whenever we have problems in doing the project. Sometimes, she would also provide us with past samples of other students work to let us have an idea of how the project must be done.
It has been a great year with Mrs Sue as my IT lecture. Great teacher and a dedicated one as well. Thank you for everything !!

Mrs Geetha
Our ESL teacher. Small in size but a strict one when comes to accessing our coursework. No wonder I got so low for my internal..No la, just kidding XD What I like about Mrs Geetha from the beginning of the year is that she is such a funny teacher. She will laugh with our class during most of the time. During the year, she has really helped us alot. She gives us alot of consultation regarding our work that we have done. She will even try everything to help us in our internal marks by giving us good samples to read from. Good teacher, I must say !!

Thank you for your guidance in these 10 months. Now it is time for me to do what I am suppose to do..

Mrs Ong
Accounts lecturer. Err.. She can be consider as an average lecturer. Although many times I find her class boring, she will never fail her responsibility as a lecturer. Oh ya, she also gives us alot of exercises to practice also, to help us improve in our problem solving questions and also take time to explain to us when we do not understand. What is good about her is that she is able to mark our paper very fast o_0 During our Trials, our accounts is the last paper but she is the first lecture to return our paper. Bad news for us that time !! I didnt expect her to mark that fast also =.=
Anywayz, a saying of thank you for her teaching and I hope I am able to perform better from what she forecasted for me, which is a B14 in Finals.



At last, to all SAM students in Taylors, Good luck in your Finals. Do your very Best !!