Saturday, August 05, 2006

I told you the world is not a safe place anymore.These are another 2 cases happening near my housing area .
From my E-mail, these 2 cases are real as you can see, so to all residents/ non-residents of Taman Megah, I urged you all to be extra careful as the world is no longer a safe place..


Dear All

Please be alerted that there are quite a number of opportunist robbers lying
in wait for random unsuspecting victims in the vicinity of Taman Megah
residential and commercial areas. As I have smsed to various people to alert
them to be extra careful, just to recap, my husband was slashed and robbed
by 2 Malay (Indo?) fluent-speaking robbers, just outside my house-gate as he
was getting into his car to fetch my children back at 10pm Wed night. They
wanted to bundle him into their car to take him to the ATMs and he resisted
them because he feared that his life may not be spared after that.

Thank God, his wounds were not so serious as to require surgery, just somestitches. I need to attest that 'things' could have been very much worst ifnot for God's protection. So many reports in the papers of recent deaths
from such kind of robberies. These robbers are getting desperate!!!

Anyway, do take extra effort to be more alert and careful wherever you are,because these bands of swift and mobile robbers may be doing their randomroundings at any residential area or at any place at all. Their usual pretext is, asking for directions and within the next second, they willadvance at the victim with their parangs. No time to think or to defend at all.

My thanks to those who had called me up out of their concern too. God bless.

Regards
Patricia


Another case near the Taman Megah Badminton Court


Hi fellow shuttlers,

I am very glad that I am still alive, at the comfort of my cubicle writing this email to you. I was robbed by 6 indian guys on last friday after my team(A3) emerged victorious(haha...) from the badminton tournament at Tmn Megah, PJ. I lost my handphone, my wallet, my ring, my pair of jeans. I have deactivated all my credit cards and my SIM CARD as well. Have already gotten a new phone and a replacement SIM CARD. When I was walking to my car which was parked in housing area in Tmn Megah after my badminton session at 23:10, 2 Indian guys riding motor came, slowed down and asked me for direction to Taman Tun. When I was about to give them the direction, one of them wanted to catch my arms and the other brandished a parang and slashed my shoulder with it(it's reddish from the outside and blueblack now). I dropped everything I was holding, i.e bag containing my wallet & handphone, my racquet, water bottles, house & carkeys(luckily they were not placed inside the bag) on the floor. Then the unarmed guy searched my pocket and when he couldn't find anything, he asked me where were my valuables. I told them that my belongings were in my bag and asked them to take everything. Then he noticed that I was wearing a pendant(normal chinese deity pendant for religious purposes) and he asked me to take off which I did and handed to him. Later when they sped off, I noticed there were 4 more guys behind on motorbikes as well who were with the 2 Indian guys which I suspect were their accomplice. Luckily they did not notice my house & carkeys on the floor. I drove to Damansara Uptown police station and made a report. I have just withdrawn money from the ATM a few days ago. Although the losses are real and significant, I'll treat it as a reminder of how dangerous the world is today. What is a few hundred ringgit compared to my life? Luckily they also did not kidnap me and force me to go ATM to withdraw money for them. The bottom line is, this could happen to just about anyone just as it happened to me. So when you go for your badminton match at Taman Megah again, remember remember....never ever park at quiet, dark or secluded places. Please also inform those who play badminton at Taman Megah at night who are not in the loop.

Thank you.

Warmest regards,

Yim Kien Tat

CACS team, International Software Centre Malaysia (ISCM), Scope International, Level 1, Crystal Plaza, Lot 4, Jalan 51A/223, Petaling Jaya, 46100, Selangor. Phone: (603) 7650 5201 Fax: (603) 7650 5254